Attention Women Golfers...
- Do you live in Connecticut or a neighboring state?
- Do you enjoy playing at many different golf courses?
- Do you enjoy meeting and competing with other women golfers?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you should consider joining SNEWGA (Southern New England Women's Golf Association).
What is SNEWGA?
The Southern New England Women's Golf Association, organized in 1956, exists for the promotion of golf for women within the state of Connecticut and neighboring states. SNEWGA membership is open to all women's associations from public, semi-private, and private golf clubs. There is no handicap limit to join SNEWGA or to compete in any events. However, for Major tournaments, for purposes of scoring net results, handicaps are limited to an index of 40.4.
- SNEWGA is currently made up of over 40 member clubs and over 500 individual members.
- The cost of membership per annum is $35 per club and $20 for each individual member.
- Individual members must be members of a member club (see "How to become a member of SNEWGA" below).
- SNEWGA is affiliated with the United States Golf Association (USGA) and Connecticut State Golf Association (CSGA)
- There are nine Major Tournaments each year in addition to Invitational events and SNEWGA Sundays/Mondays.
- Many players kick-off the season by participating in our Spring Cup four-player team event and wind down the season in August/September in our Presidents Cup partner match play event.
- Each member club must host a tournament at least once every third year.
How to become a member of SNEWGA
- Join a ladies league that is an affiliated SNEWGA member club
- Then setup your player profile in SNEWGA's Golf Genius database and pay SNEWGA Member dues online. Or contact the SNEWGA Rep at your local club directly.
Visit the SNEWGA Member Club List to learn more about the ladies leagues at your local SNEWGA club. You may also contact SNEWGA's Membership VP, Lisa Fern-Boros, who will put an appropriate person in touch with you.
If you're interested in discussing MEMBERSHIP options in more detail, contact SNEWGA’s Membership VP, Lisa Fern-Boros.
We hope you decide to join SNEWGA!